Thursday, August 7, 2014

The False Prince(Ascendance Trilogy#1) by Jennifer A.Nielsen





"A person can be educated and still be stupid, and a wise man can have no education at all."










The False Prince is the first book to "The Ascendance Trilogy". The book is packed with thrill, suspense, action, deceit, and some twists and turns.

This book is about a civil war emerging in an unstable kingdom, where the royal family has been murdered. To stable the kingdom the noble man of the court, Conner concocts a plan of searching for a boy who could be an impersonator of the king's long lost son to be the prince and who could play as his puppet. 



Conner picks four kids from the orphanage to compete for the role. The orphan named Sage is being reluctant to do this and he knows there are ulterior motives to Conner's plan but he must abide to it because his life is in the line. Sage has to obey Conner in order to live or die if he defies and the choice belongs to him. To survive he must compete and the other orphans as well. As Sage agrees to participate in this dangerous game of impersonating a prince, Conner's motives were slowly being unfolded. The more it went on, what became a lie turned out to be the truth and the game was played by the devil. 

“Hail His Majesty, the scourge of my life," Conner said to Roden and Tobias as he stomped up the stairs. "I fear the devils no longer, because I have the worst of them right here in my home!”

I would give this book 5/5 star. It was a great and thrilling read, although the cover makes it look boring.. I could not put the book down until I finished it. As soon as I finished it, I had to continue with the next one. It was breath taking. When I read this book I felt my mind playing games, imagining myself in Sage’s situation and thinking what would it be like to carry out his actions. I even learned that sometimes the most stupid ideas we think of can get us out of the situation easier than having the most brilliant one.  


Cheers!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment