Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hopeless (Hopeless#1) by Colleen Hoover






“The sky is always beautiful.Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy,it's still beautiful to look at....it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful.” 






 The title makes you think about the connotations hopeless presents. I don't think the word hopeless can give any positive feelings. If you look for the synonyms there are lots like; desperate, sad, despair, incurable, gone and there are more meaning to the word. Read the book and you will actually know what "Hopeless" means and I must say I was surprised when I learnt about it.

This book is about a teenage girl named Sky who has been adopted. She has been homeschooled since she was a kid and for her senior year she attends a public school. She has kissed many guys but no one made her feel anything, all she felt was numb.
Entrance: Holder, the guy who has a bad history of beating up a kid and being sent to a juvenile. That’s what the rumors say. Sky who saw him in the super market feels the spark in her but the first meet kept her away from him. Because of the rumors Sky knew Holder was trouble and wanted to be away from him but somehow it ended up Sky and Holder have a natural connection.

“I can already tell he isn't the kind of guy a girl gets a simple crush on. He's the kind of guy you fall hard for, and the thought of that terrifies me.” 

As soon as Sky and Holder get wrapped into their worlds, Sky starts to discover the darkest and deepest secrets Holder has been holding.  Either Sky walks out or accepts everything.



This book was fantastic. My ratings is 5/5 stars. I was really mind blown by the concept. At first when I started reading it I thought it’s going to be like all the others and the ending is just going to be hopeless. While reading the book it went all normal until the twist. I don’t want to spoil what happens because you have to read to know and I am sure it will be a great shock and you would have never guessed. Colleen’s way of surprising the readers in this book just takes you to a whole different level. She slowly takes the plot and develops it and drops the bomb out of nowhere, then makes it go fast.



Sky was such a brave girl. What she went through, I can’t imagine anything like that. On the other hand, Holder might have been on his period, a lot of mood swings. LOL. Sometimes things confused me about what he actually wanted from her when she was so giving to Sky. Well at times, he really got on my nerves, if I was Sky I would have probably dumped him for acting like a jerk but then he later on proved that he is a forever keeper and to never miss someone like him. As for his appearance, the way he was described I must say he was HOT. Hehehehe.  Well, all the characters Colleen describes are HOT in her books. She makes the characters realistic though. She doesn’t make them perfect but she makes them broken and trying to become someone better. Honestly, that’s one of the things that make me love her books. In this book she makes Holder broken from the beginning and Sky later on but later on….(read to know the story. Hehehehe)
Cheers J

No comments:

Post a Comment