Sunday, August 10, 2014

Onyx (Lux novel#2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout





 “Oh, I still want to strangle you. But I’m insane. You’re crazy. Maybe that’s why. We just make crazy together.” 








Onyx is the second book to the Lux series. In this book things become more bizarre. In Obsidian, Daemon had to cure Katy and now she is linked to him. Daemon has also told her that he likes him but Katy has refused that he likes her because she thinks that it’s because of the link they have created.

In Onyx, Katy is still stuck to Daemon because of the link they have created. Daemon wants to prove to Katy that he does not like her because of the link but because he really just likes her, but Katy is still not convinced so she ignores Daemon’s feelings towards her. Things get a lot more complicated because a bigger issue has arrived at town. It’s not the Arum but the DOD(Department of Defense). If the DOD ever knows what happened to Katy she is in a huge trouble, trouble that will cost her life.



“Cookie?" he offered, holding a cookie full of chocolate chips.

Upset tummy or not, there was no way I could refuse that. "Sure."
His lips tipped up one side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine. "Come and get it."
Come and get...? Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips.
Oh, holy alien babies everywhere...” 

Katy meets a new guy in the school who seems to know what’s happening and has lended a helping hand. To get his help she must try to stay away from Daemon and she has to lie to him. 

“I can help Katy," Blake wheezed. "Good enough for you?"

"What?" I demanded, dropping my hands.
"Yeah, see, you saying her name alone makes me want to kill you. So, no, not good enough for me.” 

The situation gets hotter when Katy saw someone who is supposed to be dead. The someone who is not supposed to be there. She has to tell Daemon what she saw. She has to know what the DOD wants from her and what this new guy secret is.

“I seriously love these socks."

"Give me back my foot," I ordered.
"It's not so much the fact that they've got reindeers on them or that they go all the way up to your knees." As if that were some kind of great distance. "But it's the fact that they're like mittens on your feet.”

This is another book in the series I am giving a 5/5 star too. It’s a lot more than the synopsis above. There is more depth and the book is packed with action. I laughed a lot and there was grieve as well. Sometimes things go real bad and I feel various emotions. Daemon as always is an asshat yet a Babe. Hehehe. I really can’t stop smiling when I think about Daemon the HOT alien. I think he just got a lot hotter in this book (Damn! The cover is probably showing Daemon and I don't think he looks Hot in there at all. My imagination is alot better. Hahahaha) . He does things that will make you swwoooonnnnn. I just love the relationship between Daemon and Katy. It never changes. The constant bickering yet caring for each other so much. Everything gets so much better and bad at the same time.


Cheers J

No comments:

Post a Comment