Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Don’t Let Go by Sharla Lovelace








"Don't let go," I whispered.









I absolutely adored this book. Never thought I would like this book that much. The cover wasn’t really inviting me to read this book. I didn’t want to waste my time but I am glad that I picked it and read it. It’s an amazing story.

This is a second chance love story. But let me tell you, it is not ROMANTIC. There was romance in it but so little of it that you wouldn’t even be calling it romantic. It was more of heart breaks and heart mending and the relationships with one and the other. It’s about love that was still lingering there even after twenty six years of heart breaking separation and realizing it after having met.

Noah and Jules are old but don’t mean they don’t look good. HAHAHAHA. Noah is still a NAVY guy so you can imagine him being all smexy. Jules, she probably is always pretty because there are guys who still want her. The struggle she went through, the past she had and the person she is in the present all just makes sense. Her past was intense and everything about her surrounding was just dark. The light was there (read then you will know) but the darkness consumed her a lot. Noah had his own issues but he still tackled it much better than Jules. 

"You aren't the only one that hasn't been able to love anyone, Jules," he said under his breath. "And I've tried.""Don't.""There's only one woman that ever fit that bill." 

When reading what was happening each times really made me gasp for more air. When they met after twenty six years, I could totally feel what Jules was feeling. Having to know that he got a fiancé when she still had feelings was just too much. That scene was just OMG! It was heart wrenching..

Although they were separated for a long time when they met there were sparks everywhere. There was still connection. I just knew that the connection Noah and Jules has been something that no one could break.

This story is not only about them or their past but there is more to it, maybe even a glimpse of future. If I were to tell then there are no surprises anymore. The family and the problems they face are just gravely as possible. Nothing was easy for them and losing their loved ones and drawing boundaries which was difficult to keep up just sucked more.
There were some twists that made it more interesting and made me look forward to how the story unfolds and I was pleased to how it all ended. It was a beautiful story about the relationships between the characters. I would totally recommend you to read this book to know more about it. It was absolutely beautiful and it’s totally worth reading.
Noah and Jules are old but don’t mean they don’t look good. HAHAHAHA. Noah is still a NAVY guy so you can imagine him being all smexy. Jules, she probably is always pretty because there are guys who still want her. The struggle she went through, the past she had and the person she is in the present all just makes sense. Her past was intense and everything about her surrounding was just dark. The light was there (read then you will know) but the darkness consumed her a lot. Noah had his own issues but he still tackled it much better than Jules.

“Sometimes it's the harder relationships, the complicated ones you have to fight and claw for that have staying power. May give you gray hair and bruises,but,you know.” 

I never read a book by Sharla Lovelace and this is my first and I must say I am impressed. Loved how she connected the families and all. The story was never slow for me and I finished it in one go. Try picking up and reading this book and you will probably be mind-blown! Oh the ratings : obviously 5stars!!

Cheers J 

No comments:

Post a Comment