Monday, August 11, 2014

Origin (Lux novel#4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout








“Did you think you could stop me? I'll burn the world down to save her.” 








Origin is the fourth book to the Lux Series. This book has two points of view which makes it much more interesting.

Daemon and Katy has been separated after their mission from the last book. Katy is stuck with the enemies and Daemon is in a disastrous mode. He will do anything to retrieve her back because without her everything just feels wrong.

“There's only one thing I want."
"And that is?"
"I want to see Kat."
Nancy's smile didn't fade. "And what are you willing to do to accomplish that?"
"Anything," I said without hesitation, and I meant it. "I will do anything, but I want to see Kat first and I want to see her now.”
Katy is terrified of what’s going to happen. She wants to go back to Daemon but she doesn’t have any route of escape. Her only choice is to follow the orders or her life will be in danger as well as Daemon because they are linked. 


“What about my life? My blog? Okay, my blog was seriously the least of my worries, but dammit, it was important to me.”
Daemon takes the chance to rescue her even if it is to show the whole world about Aliens. He doesn’t care about anything else. He would destroy the world to get back Katy. As he goes to get her back he realizes there is so much more to learn. Katy and Daemon learn the secrets and they have to escape or their life is gone. How are they going to do this without losing each other?



“I've been waiting a long time to run tests on someone like you, " he said to Daemon, voice high-pitched.
Daemon arched a brow. "Another fanboy. I have them everywhere."
I muttered, "Only you would see that as a good thing."
He shot me a grin.” 

  

It comes to worse, when the truth comes to light and all the lies are laid out. Will Daemon and Katy still be together? How is it all going to end?


“Daemon: Ever hear the saying you catch more lions with honey than vinegar?
Katy: I think it's 'catch more bees' and not lions.
Daemon: Whatever.” 

 *TAKES A DEEP BREATH* I give this book 5/5 stars. Actually 5+ stars. This book was so fast paced and so interesting that I couldn’t wait for the next part anymore. I wanted to know what was going to happen next. There was so much in this book that made me gasp for a lot of air. Everything was new and puzzles were being solved yet there were pieces of puzzles that were missing. Discovering a new species and knowing what it is just a whole new concept to the novel and it’s just awesome. AWESOME AWESOME and more AWESOME! I really don’t know how Jennifer does this, even in the most serious situations she tries to pull out all the witty comments. It makes the book a lot more fun. The way she connects people to Daemon’s and Katy’s life is so good as well. I couldn’t stop reading until I finished this book.
Cheers J

No comments:

Post a Comment