Sunday, August 10, 2014

Heist Society (Heist Society #1) by Ally Carter






“Time, the greatest thief of all."







 Katarina Bishop is thief since she was three and has always been then. She has followed her family and their business and went along with their plans. When she turned fifteen she planned a con of her own which was getting into the best boarding school and leaving the family business.

“Kat didn't know what to say. It's good to see you too? Thanks for getting me kicked out? Is it possible you've gotten even hotter? I think I might have missed you?” 


Kat succeeded in doing so and was a student in the school until she was pulled out by her friend, Hale to bring her back to the family business. He does this because he has a good reason. There has been a theft of paintings from a mobster and he want to retrieve it. The only one who can steal those painting are the master thieves. Kat’s father is one of the master thieves and he is being blamed for it. Kat’s dad is in need of help because the mobster is a scary guy.


“Do you understand any of this?" he said, pointing to the lines and symbols that covered the massive screens.

"Some people understand the value of an education."
Hale stretched and crossed his legs, the settled his arm around Kat's shoulders.
"That's sweet, Kat. Maybe later I'll buy you a university. And an ice cream."
"I'd settle for the ice cream."
"Deal.” 

Kat has to track down the paintings and steal them. Will she be able to do it and survive at the end?

I give this book 3/5 star. It was a good book. I loved how Kat was brave and intelligent. Although, she got out of the family business she still had it in her and did a great job. Hale was always a supporter. He was obviously in love with her but Kat didn’t really acknowledge it or wasn’t really paying attention to Hale’s feeling much. No matter what, Hale stood by her side. The other characters in the book and their relationships were good. The only thing that bugged me was the story line. I gave it 3/5 because I felt that there should have been more information in some part of the plot.  At times it got real confusing and I had to read again to get whole grasp and sometimes I just had to read more to actually make sense of it. Other than that it was wonderful. I will still be reading the next book because the overall idea of knowing the Heist society is cool.

Cheers J


No comments:

Post a Comment