Monday, August 4, 2014

Slammed (Slammed, Book#1) by Colleen Hoover

This book will just suck you in and you will totally understand slam poetry. If you have no idea what it means you will grab the idea by just reading it. If you have an idea about it you will start loving it. If you already love it, you are going to love it more.
5/5 stars! Actually more than 5!



This book has beautifully portrayed how a relationship takes places by using slam poetry and has given a lot of ideas in different aspects of life

“According to the thesaurus... and according to me... there are over thirty different meanings and substitutions for
the word
mean.
(I quickly yell the following words; the entire class flinches- including Will)
Jackass, jerk, cruel, dickhead, unkind, harsh, wicked,
hateful, heartless, vicious, virulent, unrelenting, tyrannical, malevolent, atrocious, bastard, barbarous, bitter, brutal, callous, degenerate, brutish, depraved, evil, fierce, hard, implacable, rancorous, pernicious, inhumane, monstrous, merciless, inexorable.
And my personal favorite—asshole.” 

This book is about an eighteen year old teenage girl who moves from Texas to Michigan. Due to her father’s death and moving, she has been affected a lot. Although, she appears to be tough, she is breaking down.

When she moves in the first day, she meets Will and his younger brother Caulder. They are her news neighbors. Although, it was only the first day, Layken’s brother, Kel seemed to get along with Caulder. After some days with Will, Layken starts to mend the broken pieces.
Will and Layken have their first memorable date which was precious for both of them. But they never knew what was a head of them, never knew what the fate has planned for them. When something slammed to both their faces and they have to take back a step, the situation brought an abrupt stop to their relationship.  Layken goes back to feel broken and Will who doesn’t know how to deal with the issue. Everything becomes difficult between them and they both are finding their ways out of it.



I really loved this book a lot. It talks to you in a very personal level and makes you realize many things(it did for me). It sucked me in that I couldn’t stop reading it. I had my finals the next day but I still had to finish this book because I couldn’t really pay attention to anything else. It keeps making you think what slam poetry will come up next, what will happen next and some twists and turns that makes you gasp. The slam poetry that will totally make you fall in love with them and maybe you might start talking like it. I really recommend to this book. It was an amazing story. Each part of the story will make you feel something, especially fluttering and swooning!!

“I got schooled this year
by
a
boy
.

A boy that I'm seriously, deeply, madly, incredibly, and undeniably inlove with.
And he taught me the most important thing of all...

To put the emphasis
On life .
Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment